Updated: Feb 2
Tonight's (October 9) Hunter's Full Moon is the ideal moon for making moon water.
by Rose Claire
The moon and water share a deep connection. Think about it. The tides respond to the moon’s calling, and women’s bodies ebb and flow with water in cycles similar to those of the moon. These connections are some of the reasons why it’s a great idea to make moon water—water charged by the energy of the moon.
Moon water can be made during any phase of the moon, but a full moon offers the most power....
Making moon water is simple. Just take a container, preferably glass but plastic such as Tupperware will also work, and fill it with water. Set your container outside in full moonlight (or as close as you can get), and let the moon work her magic overnight. For extra energy, place some crystals on top of the container. Note: If you plan to drink the moon water or use it to bathe or for skincare, it’s best to use tap, bottle or filtered water.
Moon water is great for:
1. Intentions: Moon water supercharges intentions. Before making it, write down your intentions and say them aloud when placing the water under the moonlight, like a little ritual. Full moons are better for releasing and new moons work well for creating.
2. Cleansing: Drink or bathe in moon water to restore energy.
3. Beauty: Use moon water in your skincare routine.
4. Healing: Sip moon water to help heal mentally and emotionally.
5. Plants: Water your plants with moon water.
For extra energy, place some crystals on top of the container.
Moon water can be made during any phase of the moon, but a full moon offers the most power toward intentions of release, healing and cleansing. So, fill up those jars, jot down those intentions and place your containers under the light of the silvery moon. Then indulge in the gifts of your moon water.